Thursday, March 26, 2015

Office Size

My journalism office is 116 square feet. That makes it 5 square feet larger than the office to my left (Kent Middleton) and 3 square feet larger than the office to my right (Mark Johnson). Yeah, it's the little things that matter.

Cranking university data, I found that the average size of an "academic office" in the Journalism Building is 136 square feet. That makes me -- as everyone already knows -- below average. It's just now we have a number to tell us exactly how far below average I am.

The largest Grady academic office? Room 328 (344 square feet), belonging to Nate Kohn in the Peabody suite. His Peabody boss, Jeff Jones, has a larger office (406 square feet), but it's categorized as a "non-academic office," perhaps because he runs a unit. Or because, oh hell, who knows.

So if we rank all "academic" offices based on size, mine is tied for 30th. That pretty much sums it up for me.


No comments: